Burning Hearts Youth Group Meets on Wednesday Nights at 7:30 pm. These 6th-12th grade Kiddos come in to play games, eat supper, have worship time and then have a great lesson from one of our leaders. They have listened and answered questions all year and last night it was their turn to ask. Stump the leader Night was a burning success. These kids thought long and hard about their questions and here is what they wanted to know.
- Why is it called the Bible?
- How many Chapters are in the Bible?
- When did God Create the earth?
- Why are there so many versions of the Bible?
- Why do we need the old testament if we have the new testament?
- How Do we know Adam and Eve were created by God and not aliens from another planet?
- Why was Elijah Suicidal?
- What year was the first Bible Printed?
- Is it possible to memorize the Bible word for word?
- How old was Methuselah when he died, Noah’s grandfather?
- Why would you want to do the vow of a Nazarene? Why was Sampson’s Vow Different?
- What is the last word in the Bible?
I personally was so impressed. Sometimes stump the leader can become who googled the best question or a contest to actually stump them, but these kids had real questions that they longed for answers and with the answers came some deep thought and a eagerness to seek Christ more. Reminds me that I am never fully there, I don’t ever reach the end of my studies or that final quiz with God. We are always his student and there is always something to be learned. We must keep our heart and minds open to what God is showing us.
Proverbs 18:15 An intelligent heart acquires knowledge and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.
In Case anyone was wondering we had a Half a stump last night. The first question Why is it called the Bible? The answer was guessed and when googled to verify it was right. Bible Means Book of Books. Way to go Maddie for the half a stump and Awesome guess Tater! We also said that it was possible to memorize the whole Bible but had no examples, until now.
The most famous person who is said to have memorized the entire bible is Jack Van Impe: Regarding his extraordinary memory in regard to Bible verses, Van Impe has said that he has memorized 14,000 verses, and that it took him 35,000 hours to do so.
Thank you Parents for you smart and eager children. If you would like the answers to any of the above questions the Burning Hearts Youth know!! 🙂